Luxury Zihuatanejo Bay View Property
Casa Cuitlateca is a stunning and breathtaking property nestled on the hillside above the road to Playa La Ropa, overlooking Madera Beach, downtown Zihuatanejo and Zihuatanejo Bay.
This exclusive boutique hotel has five rental suites and installations for complete restaurant and bar service.
It is suitable for continued use in the capacity of a boutique hotel or bed-and-breakfast, but it also has great potential for expansion through development of the surrounding lots and separate properties that are being offered in the package as a whole or as addendums to the core sale of the Casa Cuitlateca property. As a further option, Casa Cuitlateca in itself and with no adaptations necessary, is also perfectly suited for use as a luxurious and exclusive individual 5-bedroom private residence.
Casa Cuitlateca – Detailed description and walk-through
Casa Cuitlateca and its gardens are beautifully decorated to reflect the native Mexican and Indian design and art from the various regions of Mexico. Casa Cuitlateca is situated on secure gated grounds with a total of five bedrooms, each with its own spacious modern bathroom, bamboo accented closets and cabinets, cedar doors, and natural wood lintels on windows and niches throughout the complex.
Upon passing through the entrance gates, a graceful, curving driveway with mosaic designs encrusted with thousands of different colored stones ascends toward the Casa and parking area. A suspension bridge connects the parking lot to the main grounds where there is a hardwood boardwalk between two ponds, two fountains and a gorgeous, scenic garden with footpaths cascading down the hill. The garden displays an array of tropical plants which include mango, papaya, lemon, banana, almond and palm trees.
Above the bridge, on the first level of construction, one is presented with an infinity pool overlaid with hundreds of pebbles, and a bar and lounge area that overlook the pool, manicured gardens and the expanse of Zihuatanejo Bay and its spectacular sunsets. Just beyond lie a poolside deck, an open-air dining area and, just behind it, a large, beautifully appointed Mexican style kitchen. The kitchen includes a gas stove, convection oven, microwave, large fridge, lockable pantry and extensive cabinetry and storage space. Convenient to the kitchen and outdoor dining terrace are two half-bathrooms for guest and employee use, accessible from public, outdoor areas.
The second and third levels of Casa Cuitlateca house all the bedroom suites and a semi-enclosed living and dining area with library. In this area are also additional storage closets and a laundry room and utility patio.
Above the kitchen, the Puebla and Oaxaca rooms sit one above the other with identical floor plans. They each feature a king size bedroom, closets, cabinets, a sitting area, a built-in side table and a terrace with room for hammock and small table and chairs, that provides amazing views of the bay . On the top floor of this section a rooftop deck features a private tanning area, hot tub, restroom and, again, outstanding views of the bay.
Above the bar and lounge area a curved stairway leads up to the semi-enclosed living, dining and library office area overlooking the pool and terrace below, off of which is situated a third bedroom with king size bed and private bath, which is also suitable for use as an office. The library nook next door includes built-in bookshelves and desk, and the cozy livingroom / diningroom itself affords yet more distinctive views of Zihuatanejo Bay and town.
A short staircase leads up under an impressive, spiraling roof structure topped by palapa to a mezzanine landing from which one gains access to the Michoacan suite and the Guerrero room.
The spacious Guerrero room is a large and beautiful private haven and can be considered the “master bedroom” of the complex. It features a king size bed, ample closets, built-in desk area, spacious bathroom and its own spacious and private terrace with lounge chairs and a view of the bay framed with tropical vegetation.
Next to the Guerrero room, the Michoacan suite is the only room without views toward the bay, however it does feature a unique and totally private patio. The suite is comprised of a large bedroom with king-size bed, a private bathroom with bidet and a separate sitting area with entertainment center, ample closets and cabinets which gives onto the private patio. The bedroom and bathroom are naturally illuminated with unique sky-lit niches into which are artistically set hand-crafted Mexican figurines and sculptures.
All bedrooms are air-conditioned and are exquisitely decorated with a traditional Mexican accents and tasteful, tropical flavor. All furnishings, equipment, appliances, fixtures, decorations and art work are included with a few specific exceptions.
Features and Additional Information – Casa Cuitlateca construction and landscaped grounds
- Interior installations and details
- Master lock system for all doors
- State-of-the-art PBX phone system
- TV cable hookups (SKY)
- Wireless, high-speed internet connection
- Steel I-beam construction
- Utilities and Equipment
- Gas stove, convection oven, microwave oven
- Potable water filters
- Three gas water heaters
- 1000-liter storage tank for natural gas
- Alternating dual-pump water system
- Water storage cisterns: 75,000 liter cistern at top of property with 2″ pipe feeds from city; additional 15,000+ liter secondary cistern behind house
- Laundry with washer/drier and service patio with washtubs
- Infinity pool overlooking bay at terrace/kitchen/bar level
- Parking lot for up to 5 cars comfortably
- Suspension bridge between parking area and Cuitlateca grounds
- 2 fountains; 1 cascading into pond below pool (lighted), 1 in pond at hotel/terrace level
- Terraced gardens on 7 levels, landscaped and with meandering pathways throughout
- Cabana next to pool, directly over pond
- Gardens are treed with palms, mangoes, papayas, bananas and almond trees
- General features
- Five bedrooms with private spacious bathrooms
- Two additional bathrooms off public restaurant/bar area
- Typical Mexican-style kitchen with secure pantry
- Ample storage closets and areas throughout
- All cedar doors
- Natural wood lintels on windows, doors and niches
- Native Mexican and indigenous art throughout the complex
- Sun sets directly opposite the hotel and visible from almost every room, terrace and living space
- Incredible views of Zihuatanejo Bay and town
- Room to expand on adjoining lots 87, 92 and 93
|Dimensions and price breakdown|
|Lot No.||Lot size m2||Description||Price USD|
|89||2889.04||Casa Cuitlateca and grounds PRICE REDUCED||
|Prices and conditions for other Casa Cuitlateca lots, or the entire complex, are available on request.|
|87||2626.85||Vacant lot abutting lot 89||
|93||672.29||House between KonTiki and Casa Cuitlateca||
|1st lot next to driveway
2nd lot next to driveway
|105||1398.60||Beachfront below road||
Contact John Murphy in Zihuatanejo, Mexico for more information:
Phone (from US): 011 52 (755) 554-0719
Cell +52 1 (755) 120-2637
or Email MBP