Real estate listings for beach front and ocean view residential properties and building lots as well as hotels, commercial, and investment properties in Zihuatanejo, Ixtapa, Troncones, and neighboring beachside communities.
Zihuatanejo Bay, Mexico: well protected and studded with stunning, sandy beaches, was once home to pirates raiding the Spanish shipping. Zihuatanejo, nestled around the bay itself, has grown from a quaint fishing village to a thriving city of small hotels, spectacular homes, and fine restaurants.
The planned tourist resort of Ixtapa, with its modern high rise hotels and tourist amenities, opened in 1973 and is reaching full flower as an internationally known vacation destination. Ixtapa’s comfort and luxury is conveniently located only a few kilometers from gorgeous Zihuatanejo Bay on Mexico’s Pacific coast.
Troncones Beach, north of Zihuatanejo and Ixtapa, is home to a number of private homes, small hotels, and bed and breakfast resorts, The 3-mile sand beach, broken by a few rocky points, is very popular with people who like being away from town yet still close to the conveniences of a major tourist resort.
The Pantla and Buenavista Beach area has the nicest beaches in the locality. Located between Troncones and Ixtapa, this beautiful sandy beach covered by mature palm trees has views of Ixtapa Island and the hotels of Playa Quieta. Both beach front and off beach lots are available at competitive prices.
Latest property listings for Ixtapa Zihuatanejo, Mexico
- Casa Que Ve al Mar Penthouse - Overlooking Zihuatanejo Bay, Zihuatanejo, Mexico Casa Que Ve al Mar penthouse apartment offered at a great price I believe that this is the best deal on a condominium in Zihuatanejo. An exquisitely designed and decorated apartment with excellent rental income in the premiere development overlooking Playa la Ropa. Price reduced to $395,000 for this 2-bedroom, 2-level, 2200 square foot penthouse. … Continue reading
- Ensueño Condo in Zihuatanejo - This brand new, 3-bedroom, 3-bath condominium at Ensueño 10 in Zihuatanejo, Mexico, is now offered at $399,000 US. The main floor is a complete 2-bedroom apartment. The condominium has a spacious high ceiling and palapa-covered open living room, dining room, and kitchen that open onto the terrace that overlooks Zihuatanejo Bay. There are two king-sized master bedrooms, each with private … Continue reading
- Punta Marina Condo for Sale - Punta Marina Condominium for sale: Spacious 3-bedroom, 3-1/2-bath, 2,600 square foot condominium with wide-open view of Zihuatanejo Bay, offered at $320,000 USD. This apartment is one of the best values overlooking Playa la Ropa. With 2,600 square feet and a large outdoor terrace, this is a whole lot of apartment for your investment. The condominium has a large, open living … Continue reading
- CQVM One-Bedroom Bayview - Casa Que Ve al Mar one bedroom condominium offered at $150,000 USD. This is a great one-bedroom, one-bath, bay-view condominium in a very nice complex. Casa Que Ve al Mar has wonderful, well-kept grounds, two large infinity pools, security, elevators, and deeded parking. The condominium is just a 3 to 5 minute walk down to Playa la Ropa, the finest … Continue reading
Other property updates:
- A stunning beachfront home at the north end of Troncones Beach, newly reduced
- Now priced at $3 million US, majestic cliffside 5-bedroom home commanding stunning views of Zihuatanejo Bay.
- Home Near Majagua – Troncones with 3 bedrooms and 3-1/2 baths, garden, beach frontage, priced to sell.
- La Ropa Beach area home for sale: three bedrooms, three baths on three stories at an easy walk to the beach. Reduced.
- Buenavista beachfront villa offered at $1.75 million US. A 5-bedroom villa with guest house and small cottage on 1.5 acres with 230 feet of beach frontage.
- Troncones Beach 3-bedroom oceanfront home with over 100 ft of beach frontage, now reduced to $795,000 USD
In La Saladita, prices on 1/4 acre building lots just off the beach have been lowered to $45,000 US, other off beach lots are available at negotiable prices. Parcels of beachfront land are also available, offered from $175,000, with larger beachfront parcels also available. Please contact me for details.
Larger properties are available in Zihuatanejo, La Barrita, and other nearby beaches. These real estate offerings run from one to over 1,000 acres with beach, cliff, river and highway frontage. These large properties are suitable for development or a secluded private compound.
I have listed a number of beach and town hotels in Barra de Potosi, Troncones, and Zihuatanejo. These hotels and bed and breakfasts are offered from $695,000 to over $6 million USD. Not all properties are listed; please contact me with your requirements and I will try to find a commercial property that suits your needs.
About buying real estate in Zihuatanejo Ixtapa and the Pacific coast of Mexico
Due to worldwide economic conditions, many properties in the Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa-Troncones area of Mexico have been reduced in price. With current buyers’ market conditions, property is more reasonable than ever and most asking prices are negotiable.
The real estate on these pages is a sample of what I have listed in the area. If you do not find what you are looking for here, please contact me and I will do my best to find a property that suits your needs.
For information on foreigners buying property in Mexico, please see Purchasing and Owning Property in Mexico: The Basics
Luxury Homes with a View in Zihuatanejo — Article on the state of luxury real estate in Zihuatanejo, Mexico, 2011
Our beautiful beaches, world class fishing and surfing, and our tropical climate are attracting new residents every year.
Learn more about Ixtapa Zihuatanejo Mexico
Ixtapa Zihuatanejo Map and orientation materials
Contact John Murphy in Zihuatanejo, Mexico for more information by phone or email:
Office: +52 (755) 554-0719
Cell +521 (755) 120-2637