Real estate listings for beach front and ocean view residential properties and building lots as well as hotels, commercial, and investment properties in Zihuatanejo, Ixtapa, Troncones, and neighboring beachside communities.
Zihuatanejo Bay, Mexico: well protected and studded with stunning, sandy beaches, was once home to pirates raiding the Spanish shipping. Zihuatanejo, nestled around the bay itself, has grown from a quaint fishing village to a thriving city of small hotels, spectacular homes, and fine restaurants.
The planned tourist resort of Ixtapa, with its modern high rise hotels and tourist amenities, opened in 1973 and is reaching full flower as an internationally known vacation destination. Ixtapa’s comfort and luxury is conveniently located only a few kilometers from gorgeous Zihuatanejo Bay on Mexico’s Pacific coast.
Troncones Beach, north of Zihuatanejo and Ixtapa, is home to a number of private homes, small hotels, and bed and breakfast resorts, The 3-mile sand beach, broken by a few rocky points, is very popular with people who like being away from town yet still close to the conveniences of a major tourist resort.
Pantla and Buenavista Beach has the nicest beaches in the area. Located between Troncones and Ixtapa, this beautiful sandy beach covered by mature palm trees has views of Ixtapa Island and the hotels of Playa Quieta. Both beach front and off beach lots are available at competitive prices.
Latest property listings for Ixtapa Zihuatanejo, Mexico
- Casa Leo Zihuatanejo - A beautiful private villa with incredible views of Zihuatanejo Bay, the Pacific Ocean, and Zihuatanejo, Mexico, is now reduced to $1.25 million US. This 4-bedroom, 6-½ bath home comes complete with an infinity edged pool, gym, two Jacuzzis, employee apartment, 2-car garage, and security system. The multilevel design offers panoramic views from almost every spot on the property. The spacious … Continue reading
- Playa Saladita Beach Lots - Playa Saladita beachfront lot reduced to $149,000 USD Lot # 20 on Saladita beach has 22.5 meters (about 74 feet) of beach frontage and a total of 5,631 square meters (60,600 square feet or 1.4 acres) of total area. This lot is near some nice homes and has a view of the surfing point. Owner financing is available on this … Continue reading
- Surfer’s paradise at a great price - The Ranch, north of Ixtapa Zihuatanejo, Mexico REDUCED to $79,000 USD This is a great oceanfront lot within walking distance of the Ranch and Palo Alto, two of the better surf spots on Mexico’s Pacific coast, with an area of 1,600 square meters (over 17,000 square feet) of tree-covered property with 20 meters of rocky beach frontage. This property is … Continue reading
- Villa Luz Zihuatanejo - Overlooking Playa la Ropa on stunning Zihuatanejo Bay, Mexico Villa Luz is a multilevel 7-bedroom, 8-bath home overlooking Playa la Ropa and Zihuatanejo Bay. The property has 740 square meters of land with 620 square meters (6,675 square feet) of construction under roof with an additional 120 square meters (1,290 square feet) of terraces, patios and parking. Currently a private … Continue reading
Other property updates:
- Saladita beach home for sale: three bedrooms, three baths on a large lot with 74 feet of beach frontage.
- La Ropa Beach area home for sale: three bedrooms, three baths on three stories at an easy walk to the beach. Newly reduced!
- A stunning beachfront home at the north end of Troncones Beach, newly reduced
- Now priced at $3 million US, majestic cliffside 5-bedroom home commanding stunning views of Zihuatanejo Bay.
- Home Near Majagua – Troncones with 3 bedrooms and 3-1/2 baths, garden, beach frontage, priced to sell.
- Buenavista beachfront villa offered at $1.75 million US. A 5-bedroom villa with guest house and small cottage on 1.5 acres with 230 feet of beach frontage.
In La Saladita, prices on 1/4 acre building lots just off the beach have been lowered to $40,000 US, other off beach lots are available at negotiable prices. Parcels of beachfront land are also available, offered from $150,000, with larger beachfront parcels also available. Please contact me for details.
Larger properties are available in Zihuatanejo, La Barrita, and other nearby beaches. These real estate offerings run from one to over 1,000 acres with beach, cliff, river and highway frontage. These large properties are suitable for development or a secluded private compound.
I have listed a number of beach and town hotels in Barra de Potosi, Troncones, and Zihuatanejo. These hotels and bed and breakfasts are offered from $695,000 to over $6 million USD. Not all properties are listed; please contact me with your requirements and I will try to find a commercial property that suits your needs.
About buying real estate in Zihuatanejo Ixtapa and the Pacific coast of Mexico
Due to worldwide economic conditions, many properties in the Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa-Troncones area of Mexico have been reduced in price. With current buyers’ market conditions, property is more reasonable than ever and most asking prices are negotiable.
The real estate on these pages is a sample of what I have listed in the area. If you do not find what you are looking for here, please contact me and I will do my best to find a property that suits your needs.
For information on foreigners buying property in Mexico, please see Purchasing and Owning Property in Mexico: The Basics
Luxury Homes with a View in Zihuatanejo — Article on the state of luxury real estate in Zihuatanejo, Mexico, 2011
Our beautiful beaches, world class fishing and surfing, and our tropical climate are attracting new residents every year.
Learn more about Ixtapa Zihuatanejo Mexico
Ixtapa Zihuatanejo Map and orientation materials
Contact John Murphy in Zihuatanejo, Mexico for more information by phone or email:
Office: +52 (755) 554-0719+52 (755) 554-0719
Cell +521 (755) 120-2637