Real estate listings for beach front and ocean view residential properties and building lots as well as hotels, commercial, and investment properties in Zihuatanejo, Ixtapa, Troncones, and neighboring beachside communities.
Zihuatanejo Bay, Mexico: well protected and studded with stunning, sandy beaches, was once home to pirates raiding the Spanish shipping. Zihuatanejo, nestled around the bay itself, has grown from a quaint fishing village to a thriving city of small hotels, spectacular homes, and fine restaurants.
The planned tourist resort of Ixtapa, with its modern high rise hotels and tourist amenities, opened in 1973 and is reaching full flower as an internationally known vacation destination. Ixtapa’s comfort and luxury is conveniently located only a few kilometers from gorgeous Zihuatanejo Bay on Mexico’s Pacific coast.
Troncones Beach, north of Zihuatanejo and Ixtapa, is home to a number of private homes, small hotels, and bed and breakfast resorts, The 3-mile sand beach, broken by a few rocky points, is very popular with people who like being away from town yet still close to the conveniences of a major tourist resort.
The Pantla and Buenavista Beach area has the nicest beaches in the locality. Located between Troncones and Ixtapa, this beautiful sandy beach covered by mature palm trees has views of Ixtapa Island and the hotels of Playa Quieta. Both beach front and off beach lots are available at competitive prices.
Latest property listings for Ixtapa Zihuatanejo, Mexico
- Residencias Villa del Sol Apartment 4S1 - Ground floor, 1-bedroom, 1-1/2 bath apartment for sale in Residencias Villa del Sol, La Ropa, Zihuatanejo, Mexico. Terrace overlooks gardens and pool. Continue reading
- Preciosa 301 Overlooking the Bay - Zihuatanejo condominium for sale overlooking Zihuatanejo Bay, Mexico. Three bedrooms, three baths, panoramic bay views. Furnished or unfurnished. Continue reading
- Luxury South Troncones Beach Home - Incredible oceanfront home for sale in Troncones Beach (Ixtapa Zihuatanejo), Mexico, featuring six luxuriously appointed suites and including boat and jeep. Continue reading
- Bay View Lower Penthouse for Sale - A spacious, luxury 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom lower penthouse suite for sale at Casa Que Ve al Mar overlooking the bay in Zihuatanejo, Mexico Continue reading
Other property updates:
- Spacious 5-bedroom Buenavista beachfront villa with more than 200 meters of palm-groved ocean frontage, reduced to move.
- Troncones Beach 3-bedroom oceanfront home with over 100 ft of beach frontage, now reduced to $795,000 USD
- Buenavista beachfront villa now reduced to $1.75 million US. A 5-bedroom villa with guest house and small cottage on 1.5 acres with 230 feet of beach frontage.
- Playa Miramar home reduced by 50%, now $190,000 US! Beachfront, 3-bedroom with infinity pool in condominium development with all services. Owner financing available. Other homes and lots also available.
In La Saladita, prices on 1/4 acre building lots just off the beach have been lowered to $45,000 US, other off beach lots are available at negotiable prices. Parcels of beachfront land are also available, offered from $175,000, with larger beachfront parcels also available. Please contact me for details.
Larger properties are available in Zihuatanejo, La Barrita, and other nearby beaches. These real estate offerings run from one to over 1,000 acres with beach, cliff, river and highway frontage. These large properties are suitable for development or a secluded private compound.
I have listed a number of beach and town hotels in Barra de Potosi, Troncones, and Zihuatanejo. These hotel and bed and breakfast properties are offered from $695,000 to over $6 million. Not all hotels are listed on this page, please contact me with your requirements and I will try to find a commercial property that suits your needs.
About buying real estate in Zihuatanejo Ixtapa and the Pacific coast of Mexico
Due to worldwide economic conditions, many properties in the Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa-Troncones area of Mexico have been reduced in price. With current buyers’ market conditions, property is more reasonable than ever and most asking prices are negotiable.
The real estate on these pages is a sample of what I have listed in the area. If you do not find what you are looking for here, please contact me and I will do my best to find a property that suits your needs.
For information on foreigners buying property in Mexico, please see Purchasing and Owning Property in Mexico: The Basics
Luxury Homes with a View in Zihuatanejo — Article on the state of luxury real estate in Zihuatanejo, Mexico, 2011
Our beautiful beaches, world class fishing and surfing, and our tropical climate are attracting new residents every year.
Learn more about Ixtapa Zihuatanejo Mexico
Ixtapa Zihuatanejo Map and orientation materials
Contact John Murphy in Zihuatanejo, Mexico for more information by phone or email:
Office: +52 (755) 554-0719
Cell +521 (755) 120-2637